Monday, October 1, 2012

Peppered Steak


I am so excited to try this recipe known as Peppered Steak. Our family absolutely loves bell peppers whether it's green, red, yellow, or orange so I was won over the moment I seen it's an absolute for this dish. At the point even my husband got involved in wanting to make this recipe happen. The thought of making it and getting a mental picture was in motion; Nonetheless, we even started imagining the taste. Oh my goodness, as I'm stacking my ingredients on the kitchen counter...my husband is already cutting up the meat. So, without further ado, let me get the crock out and do this.

Ingredients:

    • 2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips
    • garlic powder to taste
    • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
    • 1 cube beef bouillon
    • 1/4 cup hot water
    • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
    • 1/2 cup chopped onion
    • 2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped
    • 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
    • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
    • 1 teaspoon white sugar
    • 1 teaspoon salt

Directions:

  1. Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder to taste. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips. 
  2. Transfer to a slow cooker.
  3. Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. 
  4. Pour into the slow cooker with meat. 
  5. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
  6. Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.


Beef Sirloin



Granulated Garlic ( I didn't have any
garlic powder), Beef Bouillon, Salt,
Vegetable oil, and white Sugar



Corn Starch, Soy Sauce, and
Stewed Tomatoes



Green Bell Peppers, Red and Orange
Bell Peppers, and Onions



Sprinkle garlic powder over the 
meat and fry in a skillet to brown.
After browning the meat in a skillet,
add it to crock-pot
(I used granulated garlic instead)


Pour the Stewed Tomatoes atop
the browned beef in the crock-pot



Add the salt and sugar



Add the Bell Peppers to the 
crock-pot



Add the Onions to the crock-pot



Add the Soy sauce



Add the Cornstarch mixed with
the water and Beef Bouillon in
to the crock-pot



Gently mix ingredients and give it
a quick toss. Cook on LOW for
6-8 hours. OR on HIGH for 3-4
hours


Voila! 


When it was being cooked in the crock-pot...a warm sweet smelling aroma danced in my kitchen. I found myself oohing and aahing at the smell. I was anticipating what would it taste like? When it was done...we rushed into the kitchen to make our plates, sat at the table, said our grace...and was in a trance. This dish is so delicious and as I took another scoop and another...I noticed the familiarity of the taste. It's so similar to what we know as Beef Tomato. I mean exactly. The best part was knowing that we can now make it from scratch. Even my grandbabies enjoyed this dish. It was so quiet 'cause everyone found themselves speechless as they were indulging into their dinner. I loved it. So, my best interpretation of this dish is that if you enjoy Chop Steak or Beef Tomato...this is just as close. You will love it and so will your family if you were to make it. Please stay tune as our next dish will be a Samoan fave known as "Povi Masima."



Thank You,

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...