Saturday, August 25, 2012

World's Best Shrimp Creole


I have never in my life had the opportunity of tasting Shrimp Creole. But as I watched one of my favorite cooks Ms. Paula Deen simplify this recipe...I knew she had me in mind. Okay, maybe I've fabricated that part; However, I couldn't resist and had to make it. So, I rushed in to my kitchen to take a quick inventory of my stock and I'm elated. I am now armed and dangerous. I am well suited, equipped, and confident to accept this task. As I'm stacking my ingredients on my counter, I'm starting to get a visual of my completed dish. So, while it's still set, fixed and fresh...let me get crockin!


Ingredients:
2  Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
1/2 cup diced onions
1/2 cup diced celery
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 (14 ounces) can tomatoes
1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce
1 Tablespoon hot sauce
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon white sugar
Salt and Pepper
1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp
Green onions for garnish



  1. Preheat the crock-pot on high
  2. In fry pan, heat olive oil. 
  3. Add onions, bell peppers, and celery. Cook until softened.
  4. Add chili powder and sauteed until carmelized.
  5. Remove from heat and pour into the crock-pot.
  6. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, white sugar, salt and pepper.
  7. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
  8. Add shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes.
  9. Turn off the crock-pot.
  10. Serve with hot rice and garnish with green onions

sugar, olive oil, black pepper, salt,
chili powder, hot sauce, tomato sauce,
stewed tomatoes, worcestershire
sauce.




Shrimp from Costco.
Already deveined, and
shelled. Leave the shells
on the tail 'cause it adds more
flavor. You won't need this til later.




Chopped onion, celery, and green
bell peppers.




Heat the olive oil and fry the celery,
onions, and green bell peppers.




Add the chili powder and continue
to sautee the veggies until it carmelized.




After the veggies are softened and
carmelized...it should look like this.
Pour it into the crock-pot.




Pour the tomato sauce and stewed
tomatoes, hot sauce, worcestershire
sauce, sugar, salt and pepper into
the crock-pot.




Gently stir and mix all of your
ingredients together. It should
look like this.




Now cover your crock pot and
leave it on HIGH to cook for
3 hours.




Open the lid when the time is up
and it should look like this.




Remember the shrimp? Now you're
going to rinse and drain it.




Now add your shrimp to the mix.




\
Mix the shrimp and cover the crock-pot.
Turn off the crock-pot and let the 
heat cook the shrimp.




 Yaay! Now it's done and you can
start making your plate. ( :




Now this is the BEST part. Get
the butter out to room temperature.





Add hot rice to your plate. Now
slice a piece of butter and place
atop the rice. 




I had to switch plate or
you wouldn't see the radiant
colors of this fantastic dish.
Pour the Shrimp Creole atop the
buttered rice and sprinkle some
sliced green onions for garnish.
Enjoy!


One bite into this dish and it was over. The raving reviews were spewed by oohs and aah from my entire family. They're only gripe was that I didn't make more. Oh my goodness...I loved everything about this dish. I was wondering why butter? But when I took my first bite...it all made sense.

I can attest to my favorite cook, Ms. Paula Deen is a true inspiration in contributing great recipes to the world which is categorized as “Comfort Food.” In my opinion…she takes delight in her dishes which comforts the soul, warms the heart, and invites stimulating conversations to a table.

The flavors were beautifully married, got along, and worked together really well. It wasn’t spicy, tangy, nor sweet. It was total perfection. To say it was delicious…it would be an understatement. So, let me say this…It’s simply AMAZING! I will definitely add this to my collection of recipes and I know you will too. Please stay tuned as our next dish will be Chicken and Sausage Gumbo.  


Thank You,




Chefs Brand Banner



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...