Monday, August 20, 2012

Polynesian Spareribs


From the moment I saw the title of this recipe...I just had to try it because of its name. They called it, "Polynesian Spareribs." So being from the islands...I figure here I go. Just to let you know...I'm doubling the recipe because there are seven of us in my family. Now let's see if I will add this to my collection of recipes or pass. I will get crockin and let you know what happened.









Ingredients:



2 lbs pork spareribs 

1/3 cup soy sauce

1 tablespoon ground ginger 

1/4 cup cornstarch 

1/2 cup cider vinegar 

1 cup sugar 

1/4 cup water 

1 tablespoon salt 

1/2 teaspoon dry mustard 

1 inch fresh ginger



  •  Cut spareribs into 3 inch pieces. 
  •  Mix soy sauce, ground ginger, and cornstarch until smooth; brush over spareribs. 
  •  Place ribs on rack of broiler pan. 
  •  Bake in preheated 425 oven for 20 minutes to remove fat; drain. 
  •  Combine remaining ingredients in crock pot; stir well. 
  •  Add ribs. cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.






Pork spareribs, sugar, dry mustard, 
shoyu, ground ginger, fresh ginger, 
salt, cider vinegar, and corn starch




Cut the spareribs into 3-inch pieces




Mix the ground ginger, shoyu, and 
cornstarch


Add to the bowl and mix until smooth




It should look like this after mixing




You could brush the sauce on the 
spareribs OR do like me...I just
rolled 'em in the sauce




Place on broiler rack and bake in a
preheated oven at 425 degrees for 
20 minutes




After combining the rest of the 
ingredients...place the baked ribs
into the crock-pot.
Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours




This is how it will look when ready!
Let the spareribs sit for a while so
the flavors can marry. Once again
you'll be happy you've waited.
Enjoy!

Remember I said earlier that the reason I chose this recipe was because of it's catchy name, "Polynesian Spareribs?" Okay...here's the deal. The only thing Polynesian about this recipe was (Get ready for this one) me! (Hahahahahaha!) Besides that....perhaps its because of the ginger spice being used. Trust when I say there was absolutely nothing Polynesian about it at all. Okay...now that I got that out of the way--here's my review on this recipe. It has a sweet and tangy taste which will eventually lead you to make a second serving. The ginger doesn't overwhelm this dish at all; If anything, it enhances the flavors to dance on your plate. We ate this draping over white rice and macaroni salad on the side. This was quite easy to make and it turned out fantastic. But I really think they should change the name. As for adding it to my recipe collection...I'll pass this one up. It just isn't something worth hana hou! (repeating) Please stay tune as our next dish will be Shredded Teriyaki Chicken.

Thank You,


Chesapeake Bay 125x125 Banner

2 comments:

Cindy Galeon said...

ooooh, this sounds delishes! I wander if I could put pineapples? Maybe that would make it Polynesian, haha!

Seda P. said...

I'm sure it will. To my surprise...it turned out absolutely good; However, I was still wondering about the Polynesian part. Hahahaha! Pineapples sounds good too. I'll try it next time. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...